Monday, June 8, 2009

What I'm doing here.

In my little world, in the blog-sphere, everyone that I know is doing a podcast. That might be because I keep my iPhone plugged into my ear all day, and listen to podcasts.

So, now it's my turn to start a podcast. It was inevitable, I'm sure. We will see if I really do it, and how long it lasts.

I call my podcast, "Important things to me." I have been writing in a weekly podcast at Great Hites, for the last several months. I intend to continue to contribute at that site, but I find that the stories that mean the most to me seem to fall on disinterested ears.

I hope that by creating this podcast I will be able to share the stories that I feel have social and moral importance. One story each week, with commentary about why I think the subject is important.

I also intend to post stories by other authors and will take submission of stories between 1500 and 2500 words, for which I am willing to pay a small amount, if I agree with the subject. (See submission guidelines. If you can't find any, I haven't written them yet.)

I have only four stories at this point. Once I figure out how to make an RSS feed, and edit my stories with comments, I will begin my podcast. I don't want to start something that I can't continue, so I will have to see how my new writing goes, while editing the stories I currently have. If I can't keep up, I will have to re-evaluate my plans.

Philip E. Carroll
AKA: Norvaljoe

No comments:

Post a Comment